Volunteering with SDAC
- Can you spare five or more hours a fortnight to help provide a 24 hour confidential helpline for people in Surrey with drug, alcohol or mild-moderate mental wellbeing issues?
- You operate the helpline from your own home, at no cost to you.
- No minimum qualifications needed and full induction training.
- Volunteers come from all backgrounds: professionals in related work; those with experience of drug and alcohol related problems; and those who just want to help.
- We are looking for people with empathy and good listening skills.
- We have no minimum qualifications but feel it is unlikely to suit someone under 18 years of age.
- Full induction training is provided free to all our volunteers since the role they provide is the most important work of our charity in the community. Our next training programme will commence in October 2020, 9.30am – 4pm for 5 sessions on Saturdays, (not consecutive) at a venue in Guildford.
Help with travel expenses, free parking and lunch is provided.
For a job description, please click here
For an Application Form, please click here
For more information please contact Emma Bassett Co-ordinator, on 07554 991055 or leave your details on our helpline – 0808 802 5000 and we’ll contact you.
Please return your completed application form:
By email: training@SDAC-helpline.co.uk;
By post: SDAC Training, 39 Castle Street, Guildford, GU1 3UQ